View Single Post
cheerfuldom 09:06 AM 01-17-2013
Originally Posted by DaisyMamma:
It sounds like you have made the best decision for your family and you will feel much better after you close. I wish you the best of luck.

With that said, and I realize you have made your decision already, but have you considered hiring an assistant. My thought here is that half the income is better than none at all. She can tend to the daycare while you tend to the household chores and your own family.
Or perhaps you could keep one daycare child and to just help with some income. Do more of an informal babysitting for that child and have them as part of your own family, so as not to worry about curriculums and schedules and such.
..just some financial ideas in case you have already considered them.

I'm envious of you being able to close. Enjoy!
I have an assistant and have also considered keeping someone on a babysitting type basis. Trust me, I have gone over and over this thing for about 18 months. This is not a quick random decision. I cant figure out anyway to make things work, you know? I just need a long break, at least 6 months IF I was to return to daycare. Like I said, its nothing to do with the current families. This is five years of things building that I dont feel like will be solved unless I get a clean break for awhile. you all know, even with the best kids, the constant cleaning, drop offs, pickups, dealing with parents, trying to make your kids and daycare kids mesh well together, trying to find time to take care of your household, trying to find the energy to do anything else in the evenings and weekends besides work work work. I need some time with just my kids and my house and my husband. I do feel that at this point, even keeping one kid will result in resentment.