View Single Post
daycare 11:17 AM 10-25-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
First of all, you need to lay down the law with hubby just like you would daycare parents. You need help! He's suppose to be your significant other. Tell him to get off his arse and help! No sleep for the wicked!!!

Secondly, I don't think I would allow my kids to be in school 10-13 hours a day. Education comes first, sports and activities come in at a very distant second. Don't be afraid to tell them "NO". Volleyball and golf are extras. Eliminate extras! Not only will it free up the kids' time to help out but it might even allow you to hire someone to help!

Third, stop doing everything. When they see there are no clean spoons and they don't have that awesome shirt that's still sitting in the laundry a week later, they'll know what they need to do.

You are giving them the easy way out and making excuses at the same time. You can eliminate this all!

How many seconds does it take to toss in a load of laundry and press a button or turn a knob? How many seconds does it take to take out the trash? You can easily vacuum during a commercial break. You can fold a good size load of laundry in about 8 minutes. YOU are allowing this to happen. Until you speak up, they will continue on the path they are. Hold them accountable!

(Sorry to be so brutal but I used to be that way too. With the exception that I did all the inside work and that was enough! It got to the point where the kids were old enough they could load and unload the dishwasher, the hubby could do laundry, anyone can run a vacuum. They seen me at wits end and about at a meltdown before they started helping. Since then, life's been great! No complaints whatsoever. EVERYONE lives here, EVERYONE helps out!)
Well my son is in honors classes and has to do community hours as well as his football.

He has early bird class at 6am to 7. then lifting for football from 7-8, school from 8-3. Football practice from 3-5:30 and he has to go to study group with the whole football team from 6:00-7:30, sometimes until 8. They are required to go to these study groups to make up hours that they will miss when they leave school early to go out on an away game. He also has to work as a tutor to get community hours for the younger grades...