Thread: So Sad...
View Single Post
Max 02:07 AM 06-22-2017
I know this is old but I just came across this thread.
So so heartbreaking It looks like she was brought back to the U.S.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-te...on-1687273.php

Wonder if they ever got to the bottom of what really happened that day

I have to say something on the age thing...

Originally Posted by nannyde:
She's not old enough to know to give her life to save the life of the kids no matter what. Until you are old enough to know that they always completely come before you..... you shouldn't be able to be alone with them. I'm certain 22 isn't old enough to know that.... educated or not... experienced or not... mother or not....... it's just too young.
Nope, I can't agree with this one bit. How can you be 'certain' of that There are so many young men and women who signed up to give their lives for their country, the children in this country being included. I know that's different, and you may disagree with 18 yr olds signing up in the military, but my point is that there are many 22 yr olds and younger who DO put others' lives before their own. Daycare settings included. I'm willing to bet there are providers of all ages who wouldn't put the childrens' lives first in an emergency situation.

Military aside, there are young persons in other difficult careers that are competent of making sound life or death decisions.

No disrespect Nan, I know you have a plethora of great knowledge in many daycare aspects.

Originally Posted by registered but logged out:
SOME 22 year olds should not be operating a daycare or caring for children, but that is SOME, not ALL. SOME older caregivers should not be operating a daycare... it all boils down to the individual and their abilities. Not age.