View Single Post
MOM OF 4 10:05 AM 07-24-2014
Originally Posted by MamaBear317:
I gave my permission for him to go on field trips when I signed the enrollment form, but I was never given a schedule letting me know when he would be going on any of the trips. It was just the empty pit feeling in my gut to find out that he had gone anywhere without my knowledge that really threw me. I would have expected something posted or to be told when I dropped him off that morning. There are signs everywhere that it will be PJ day on Friday, but why can't I know that someone is taking him to the movies for the first time?! If he had been in an accident and I got a call.. thinking that he was at daycare the whole day.. I would have lost it. I just remember having to have permission slips signed in school if we were to go anywhere. They're not a large facility, so I just feel like the whole thing was really unorganized.
I had the same type of form you signed, as some of our outings were unscheduled, and the parents initialed their acknowledgement/permission and then signed the contract. I would do my best to ensure parents knew (even if just the morning of) that we planned an outing and when we'd be gone. The thing is, they (your daycare) didn't do ANYTHING without your permission and so it's kind of unfair to be upset with them. You can always suggest that you would like a schedule, or that field-trip forms would be helpful. You never know, a suggestion you make could make a change.

Kids' schools sometimes have a top and bottom sheet; Top with info on date/time/location of kids' field trip and bottom for signing permission