View Single Post
Meeko 03:02 PM 01-15-2018
By Utah law...every parent must have access to their child at any time they are in care.

That does NOT mean they can come and hang out and be part of our day.

They must have access to THEIR child. They do not have a right to access to anyone else's child.

I explain to parents that they can come and visit with their child if they want to...but their child will be brought out to spend time with them in the family room (entrance). They may not go down to the playroom and mingle with the other kids.

I let them know that the visit must be fairly short as we have a schedule to keep. It's not fair for example for the child to miss an activity or to not have to clean up etc. because their parent is visiting. If the parent has a ton of time on their hands, they can spend it at home!

We had a problem with a registered sex offender dad who LOVED coming to hang out when I had an "open door" policy. He LOVED access to all those kids. Never, ever again. Only access to THEIR child is allowed.

If their child fusses when they go to leave...they must take the child with them. While they have a right to see their child, they don't have the right to upset my entire day and leave me coping with a screaming child who thought they were going home.

Once I have explained it to parents from my point of view, they understand better.