View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 04:12 PM 02-16-2017
Originally Posted by Mom2Two:
Okay, now can someone explain what Kid Kare is? I am able to use minutemenu pro on Chrome and that's what I use. Are the feds making us switch to some badly designed software or something?

Sorry, I guess I haven't paid enough attention to the issue other than vaguely noticing that people are complaining about it.

If we end up having to switch, does it work on an ipad?
Am I missing something? For me Minute Menu is program that needs the internet to connect. You don't use a browser to use it, just a connection to the internet. I have an icon on my desktop just like any other installed program.

KidKare you can use on any browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome etc) so that's useful because you can use it on your phone browser.

I didn't realize that it wouldn't work on a mac computer. I don't own one so I guess I just automatically assumes that any web site could be opened on either a mac or a pc. I'm fascinated!

On another note ... our local food programs have always forced us to enter our meals daily and also have a midnight cut-off. I always seemed to forget to enter some meals (at least twice a week) and it's one of the reasons that I hesitate to re-enlist in the food program .

As far as KidKare goes I actually initially thought (and still do think) that it's a good program. It just had a lot of unanticipated issues. KidKare is an updated program created by the makers of Minute Menu meant to replace Minute Menu. The food program is making changes to it's program so the makers of Minute Menu made KidKare to include the changes that the food program is making.