View Single Post
SilverSabre25 07:19 PM 11-23-2011
Originally Posted by blueclouds29:
I feel so bad for this mom...
she picked her DS this afternoon in tears that she had gotten laid off. She said i'm not going to bring him in Monday cause i won't be able to pay you. She pays monthly which is due monday morning. What do you guys do to help(if you do)? I only watch 4 kids and its going to be really hard to find another kid where i live.
Do you give them a break/discount till they can get on their feet? Just wondering, never been in this situation before.

Thanks!
I would, and have--I was in a similar boat (watch only a few, not a big chance of getting a replacement, etc) and I let a dcm pay just what she could afford (half my usual rate). She continued to bring dcb full-time and last week when she got a permanent schedule change she went back to paying the full amount.

If I were you I would offer to charge just a certain amount (maybe ask what she thinks they can afford) and keep dcb a certain amount of time per week so she can go out job hunting, interviewing, etc. That would hold his spot and she can return to trhe full amount when she gets a new job. If she doesn't like that option, let her know that you won't be able to hold her spot and start advertising.