View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 09:36 AM 07-24-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I will never understand why child care providers (in general) are so judgmental towards clients that use their services.

Isn't that the point of having a business?
...clients that provide an income?
It really isn't about me. I'm here 10 hours a day regardless. I feel bad for the children. I can most definitely see a huge difference in the kids that the parents do alot with them. Take them to the zoo, picnics, parks, beaches, etc and the parents that don't. Maybe some of the discipline problems that I have are because some kids are starving for their parents attention. That is what I have an issue with. It's not about me getting a break by someone picking up early or whatever. Like I said, I'm here anyway. When I have a child here 50 hours a week, it makes me feel bad when I know mom and dad are sitting at home or out doing something fun with an older sibling, but that's just me.

I wanted to add that one of my saddest moments is every Friday when the siblings are the last to leave at 5:15 and the other 4 kids have already gone home and I know that mom got out at 2:15/2:30. That makes me sad for them because they get excited when each car pulls in.