View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:12 AM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I am quite shocked by this to be honest! I just read it out to my DH and he is equally stunned but then told me his coworker routinely sends her child to grandmas for the full weekend and he is in summer camp during the week. She spends very little time with him and it seems like grandparents are raising the next generation of kids.

It is odd that when we talk about problems in society this aspect is never mentioned. No one ever mentions the repercusions of low parental interaction on childrens development. I truly believe that most of our societal problems stem from lack of parenting.
And this really bothers me. Kids, on the whole, are going to reflect the care they've received and the environment they spend so much time in. If a child always feels left out, unloved, insecure, not to mention abused and neglected, it's unlikely that child will flourish and blossom into a healthy individual.

Originally Posted by jenboo:
Oh I'm totally judgemental. I'll totally admit it. Definitely not my best trait It's one reason why I needed to close my daycare. I could care less what people do with their kids (as long as they aren't neglected) but when I have to interact with the parents 5 days a week and be with their kids 50hrs a week, I just couldn't handle the parenting differences. I was becoming such a bitter person I fixed it by closing and doing something else. I'm so much happier now
Such honesty!! I love it. I try not to judge and am lucky to have a pretty good group of dcps at the moment. Sure, got a couple issues here and there with a touch of narcissistic craziness thrown in just for excitement but they all seem to want to spend time with their child/ren. I have no problem(anymore) with parents who want or need time to themselves but when you read stories on here....Stories about parents who take a week vacation with 1 child but send the other to grandma's. Not sure if I've ever thought any specific person shouldn't be a parent but I know I've come across a couple that should've taken a course 'How to let go of your cellphone and make your child more important 101'.