View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:13 AM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
Sorry, I guess I was a little confused about the situation.

I would never tell anyone what to wear. I don't care if you wanted to wear a box for the day. As long as the child is comfortable, it is safe, clean and they can manage throughout the day, then I could not care what you wore.

All that I am saying is that they do need to change out of their sleeping clothes. I would not be ok with a child rolling out of bed and wanting to go out in the clothes they slept in. I guess to me that is gross.
Oh, I hear you (and I agree) but in today's world rolling out of bed IS ready and awake.

I have seen young adults go to job interviews in their just slept in sleep clothes and messy hair, I see grown people everyday walking around the mall/stores in pj pants with all sorts of cartoon characters in them, young women in clothing that would have gotten me thrown out of school, church and my home, I see women in yoga pants all the time and I am betting only a tiny percentage of those actually just left a yoga class.....

Anyways, I guess my point was, that we all have different expectations of what is and isn't proper clothing and as long as a child is clean, I don't really care if they wear pj's (even fresh from sleeping) or anything else as long as it is safe and comfortable for them.