View Single Post
Unregistered 04:23 PM 11-28-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I see women in yoga pants all the time and I am betting only a tiny percentage of those actually just left a yoga class.....
It's hard to work with kids and wear jeans because they aren't flexible enough to move around in and with my body type when I sit or get down to there level (no matter how high I lift my jeans- which are up to my belly butto) I always get a plumbers crack (even when I wear a long shirt!?)- which is a lot less professional than yoga pants or leggings. And I hate Khakis because they get dirty too easily- not to mention I just think they look frumpy/mannish and have no personality- lf I saw someone wear khakis I'd think they work with computers not at a place with kids and actually interacting with them JMHO. I think if I had a center I would advise my staff, as long is it isn't loose or too form fitting, and wear a descent length shirt to wear yoga pants/leggings over jeans or khakis just because jeans and khakis are too constricting and limit you mobility- which can be a safety hazard- espesually because everyone wears either "skinny" and "bootcut" jeans the most.

Also if you are interacting with the children and engaging in activities with them (which looks more professional than any clothes you wear) that is more of a workout than most yoga or fitness classes.