View Single Post
melilley 03:35 PM 02-18-2013
Originally Posted by MNMum:
I think my nursing degree with 10 years of NICU nursing is a big draw. I'm also a Lactation Consultant. My home has a large fenced yard with a patio and large playset. I serve homemade foods and lots of fresh fruits/veggies and make most of my baby food. I supply diapers and wipes. Right now my daycare room is the large dining room/formal living room at the front of the house with it's own bathroom. It is very bright and sunny. My husband is in the early steps of finishing our basement, hopefully before our baby comes in July. But I do think my 3 kids who are very outgoing and friendly probably are a big draw. They are 3, 7, and 10.

But I'm not a great fit for everyone. I have short hours 7:45-4:30 and am not open on Fridays.
Wow! I don't know if I could work in the NICU! It takes a special person for sure! If you don't mind me asking, how do you make your baby food? Do you buy specific foods or puree what you eat? There has to be a secret...lol I have been trying to make my own and you think it would be a no brainer, but the only food that I can get to turn out right is bananas and avocados. Maybe I need something besides a blender?.