View Single Post
toddler care 06:01 PM 07-20-2010
Hi! I Googled "daycare forum" and landed here. The reason for my search is because I have started a job at a daycare center in the toddler room AGE 18 months to 2 years old, and I need to figure out a good generalized schedule for a group of this age range. This is a small church daycare and in my coming into this class, there is no indication that there was a structured "schedule" or a guideline for these childrens' day. The director says she might have something that she used a long time ago, but i do not know when she will be able to get back with me on that, and if you have worked in a group this age you understand that I need to structure it NOW before I lose all authority with these children. I have been in a daycare center before where I saw each classroom had on the classroom wall a schedule of the structure for the day. For example: 8:00 breakfast, 8:30 circle time, 930 potty time, 10:00 crafts...etc.

The purpose for my visit here is to ask what is a good generalized structure for a group of this age AND what categories of sessions need to go on this schedule (i.e.: craft time/ etc) keep in mind there is no tv in this class room and i do not want to ask for one, because i do not want one). anyone please tell me what your toddlers schedule at daycare is. I am hoping to get an answer tonight so i can implement it tomorrow.

i will tell you so the structure so far is (my times might be off a bit)
800 breakfast
830 potty time
1015 potty time
1030 lunch
1100-200 naptime
200 snack
230 potty time

what i need specifically is what kinds of "times" i should fill in those gaps so as to give them good transitions (and so as to keep my sanity

any generalizations or specifics are welcome very much.

thank you SO much for taking the time to read my request and to offer support.