View Single Post
Laurel 03:01 AM 09-23-2013
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I agree with most of what Moppetland said. It doesn't seem highly professional of this woman to be doing this so often and if she wants personal time maybe she should close for a day or so or wait until after work/weekends like others do. (I'll probably get blasted for my opinion)
I admit, I don't know your state laws. *IF* she's following all the rules, then go with your gut I guess. Does the assistant seem qualified? You said you like her. If I had my baby someplace else, I'd want to be as close to 100% sure as I could be. I would've made a horrible dcm. I probably would've questioned every single thing.

I never go on errands or to 'get a break'. I only go to a doctor's appointment and luckily I don't have many. Even then, my husband watches them (he is my legal sub) and I make my appointments at naptime so the children are sleeping. If the doctor is running late then he gives them snack and watches them but I try to make it as easy as possible for him. If I can make an appointment on Saturday I do. I have found a dentist who has some evening appointments and go then.

I know another provider who has no problem leaving a qualified sub with hers while she goes and has her hair done, etc. I just would never feel right doing that.

We do work longer hours than most but still....I just wouldn't feel right.

Laurel