Thread: Venting Thread
View Single Post
nanglgrl 09:53 PM 12-06-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I give my daycare kids a small piece of candy/treat/sticker as they leave IF they get ready and leave while behaving. It is CONDITIONAL to being good while here since soooo many were acting crazy in front of parents.

Today my dck not only stomped through the house with his boots on when he knows better and was yelling for me to come look at him with his shoes on in the house, Mom did nothing and I had to go get him. Then he took a good 10 minutes to leave, acting CRAZY and dcm was already late picking up. When he was dressed to leave, he opened my front door and rang the doorbell. I told him to NOT do it again (as DCM laughed) or he wouldn't be getting anything. He rang it again! Then he asked me if he could have his sticker, I said no. Dcm said "ask nicely" and he said "Can I have my sticker now, PUH LEASE!" and I said "NO. You did not listen." He LOST IT, started screaming and crying, kicking his mother who told him "I have gum in the car and we can go buy you a whole page of stickers."

NEED NEW CLIENTS!
Ugh! I had a family like this once. The children (especially the youngest) were terrors. I had to bite my tongue at pick up and drop off too many times and finally I couldn't do it anymore. The youngest was screaming because she didn't want to wear her shoes instead she wanted to wear her older sisters shoes. The mom told the older sister (only 4 years old) to take off her shoes so the 3 year old could wear them. This meant the 4 year old would have to walk to the car barefoot so she was crying. It wasn't the biggest piece of the bad parenting puzzle that made up this mom but it was the last one. I let it all loose. She didn't ask for my advice but I didn't care. I don't remember exactly what I said but I did say a lot, every single thing I had witnessed in the last few months was out in the open. I said it calmly and even compassionately but of course mom didn't want to hear it. I never saw them again but man was I happy!