View Single Post
daycare 05:25 PM 12-12-2014
I have a wait list and here is how I do it.

parent calls, I take down all information as usual... most important the best number to reach them at and email address

age of child, hours needed, why care is needed, if they are already attending child care, why the switch, etc.....

I do tell them I am full at this time but would love to have them come for an open house, which I do once a month now (thanks ladies)

I conduct the open house and give them a small questionnaire to fill out/

I have a 30 day notice required and once I get it, I email all of the people on the list. The first to get back to me then comes to attend a one on one meeting. If I think we are still a match and so do they, we move forward.

I have weeded out a lot of NO THANK you kind of people at the open house. I just did one last week I had 8 people show up and of the 8 I only really liked 3.....So I was certain to make note of that.

I don't do a wait list and then call down the list anymore like I used to, it was a huge waste of time...

AND when you have a good program, which I am sure you will, people will wait to come and they will even leave their current situation to come to your house....

SOunds like things are going great for you....Keep up the good work.