View Single Post
LysesKids 03:40 AM 01-22-2015
As another licensed exempt provider in TN, there is a major difference in pay. LE gets at least 1/3 less than licensed providers AND each county is considered either in the top 20 (Knox, Blount and similar which gets the higher rate), or you live in one of the other counties that gives lower rate. I live in Blount and the max they pay is 70 for FT, 35 part... because I work with babies under 24 months only, PT is considered 1-19 hrs week... 20 or more is full time

I stopped offering to take subsidy because parents on Families First were't always following thru on their end. The person asking you to accept the voucher has to get your full name, SS#, address etc and turn it in to their worker, DHS will then contact you asking to inspect your home etc... I called DHS when i first moved here and it's up to the parent needing voucher to get the ball rolling if you are a License exempt provider. They also don't always understand that you, the provider, might charge more for care each week than what the voucher will pay & that they can be asked to pay the difference, in addition to what the state pays you. They also have to work a set # of hrs/be in school (FT only at moment if I remember correctly).

As a License exempt WE CAN also be on the Food program... they will inspect you (4 times year); only one will be announced lol. If you have 4 in care might be worth it... I was running with 2 for months and one family fought me on paperwork and other stuff so I dropped it.