Thread: The last straw
View Single Post
Josiegirl 10:10 AM 03-13-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Ok in all honesty...I stopped reading your post half way through....

You are being taken advantage of and BIG TIME! I wouldn't even bother trying to "fix" anything if the parents aren't trying. I would NEVER be willing to take on more than 50% of the responsibility for a child that is not mine.

I think you should advertise for another client and term this one. Whew! I think you are a saint for putting up with it this long!!

If you can't or don't want to term, I'd give them a 2 week probation and say 'ok folks, party's over, this is MY business and this is how I'm now running it.' Well, you get the idea. Trouble is, IMO, neither one of you are acting like it's your business. Decide what you want to work with, discuss with dcm and if she still doesn't comply, then do look for a better fit. She's more worried about potty training than getting her dd to self soothe to sleep? Priorities wouldn't mesh with mine at all.
Oh and neither would weekend hours work for me!! I feel like you may have given them way too much leeway in the beginning and now they're using your kindness to walk all over you. Stop letting it happen if you are feeling resentful, have changed your mind, etc. Back up and let them know how it's going to be from now on.