View Single Post
momofboys 07:14 AM 11-04-2010
I have had a very tough time getting clients. I currently only care for one family FT & have another very PT client (hardly worth the effort). anyway, my efforts to bring in more clients have been unsuccessful. I am considering other care options. Another provider I sort of know (just an aquaintance) is considering working outside of the home. She is considering me caring for her family & also one other family that she also cares for in her home. She lives fairly close to me (within 10 min) so if she would pick me I would have a hard time saying no. She would let me bring my son with me. So in essence the two families would be sharing me in the one mom's home. My home stays clean, I get to take my child with me, Win-Win (I think!). Plus I would likely more than double my salary. I know there are some downsides like not being in my own home. But I'm starting to feel like I can't keeping waiting for the perfect family to come along b/c it just isn't happening. I live in a pretty small town although we are close to our state's capital we are far enough out that finding customers is not easy. I don't know what the hours would be but I do know that Fridays would be an early day & I would be home by 1:00 so that is a plus. Help me think through the positives & negatives. Thank you!