View Single Post
Denali 02:24 PM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
I do!

Here is my potty training section from my handbook:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8_...ew?usp=sharing
Thank you Blackcat! I will very closely look at yours and mine and tighten mine up. The Last few times I had a problem with potty training with parents and what I'll allow here, and changed my policies to add the 2-week no accidents then underwear, but Obviously something it lacking... I'm not bending, but parents seem to think I will if they agree to my policies and then I enroll their child it's like a bait and switch.

I've even had the "my child is potty trained" at interview and I make sure to ask "do they need any help with potting?'and I'm told "No" they fill out my forms and under 'is your child potty trained?' They put yes even when there's a lot of room for them to wright "needs help with wiping or help with clothes"

Then when I leave the children to do it, the parents then come back with "why is my child not being cleaned properly??"
Me: What?
Them: why are you not helping Snowflake in the bathroom?
Me: because you told me they were completely potty trained? And didn't need help in the bathroom. I even asked Snowflake if they needed help the first week and they said no. You never said anything.
Them: Snowflake is not allowed to wipe themselves at home, they're not ready for that, that's your job, and they need help pulling up their undies and pants. Why has Snowflake been telling me you're not helping her?
Me: you told me she was 'completely potty trained'
Them: they are! They go in the potty!

I guess this is more how do you deal with parents that lie about child and agreeing to policies but then turning around and arguing and breaking policies after they are enrolled and passed the 2 week period?

I've just been either terminating or letting them term after I make it clear that I will not bend.