View Single Post
Lil_Diddle 07:46 PM 08-31-2017
I've had same request and it is one I will not budge from. I will not deny kids a rest period and if they fall asleep I will not wake them earlier than the scheduled wake up time. If child wakes up or does not fall asleep I'm happy to find them a quiet activity. But if they fall asleep, obviously they need their rest. I also need quiet time as I explain to parents. I'm with their children 10 hours a day and have my own toddler for a full day. I always use the first hour to myself no matter what needs done to refresh myself. I eat lunch and just relax. The second hour is when I plan and prep all these fun activities that parents enjoy having sent home. I made it a promise to myself that I will no longer use any of my personal time again wether it be lunch break, after closing or weekends. So it is very important that they nap.

The recent parent that mentioned to me again. I finally quit being subtle and reminded her we talked about it at the interview, you signed and agreed to the terms of my handbook and when you asked me a second time after enrollment I reminded her of my policy. So the third time she asked I was blunt. I think she got the point but if she brings it up again I think I'm just going to let her know that obviously this isn't working and that we should consider this her two week notice