View Single Post
Unregistered 08:41 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by judytrickett:
I firmly believe that not all kids are cut out for daycare. There ARE kids who, no matter how long in daycare or how great the provider will NEVER fully adjust.

The fact that he only stops crying when you carry him makes me wonder if he is carried a lot at home. Obviously these parents have done a huge disservice to him if they are carrying him around all day.

What would I do? I would terminate. BTDT and it's far too much to ask a provider to listen to constant screaming for 10 hours a day for THREE weeks. Also, this behaviour affects the other kids in care too. Not fair to them to have to listen to it either.

Three weeks are you kidding me? That sounds like heaven!!

I’m a preschool teacher who just started a new job six weeks ago, there is a kid terrorizing the entire preschool with her screams, she is 2yrs old and apparently, she had been doing this for A FULL FRICKIN YEAR!!! Before I got there. We just can’t get her to stop screaming unless we pick her ul!! I fefuse now because I am done with it, I will not pick her up, touch her look at her or even go near her unless she is quiet. So she knows that will NOT work on me, and she hates me for it. She goes dead quiet and walks away anytime I am in the same room. Goes screamng to another teacher and I can’t be happier about it.... such a screamer she gets carried all the time at home. And I have heard her mom sayig ”oh He goes quiet when you pick her up” ... problem this mom does NOT seem to see is that there are sixteen other Children in this preschool and only three teachers... one can not be locked trying to soote her child all day, it is exhausting for everyone around. But this kid just screams her lungs out unless you STAND UP and Carry her. God give me strength I can not listen to that child any more it is wearing us all down... and to hear it has been going on for a year?! Oh my god... I can not even...