View Single Post
mommyneedsadayoff 01:46 PM 10-12-2018
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
This is one thing I find myself at odds with when providers choose to stay open with their sick child and then give the parents the option of staying home or coming to care still but if they choose to stay home, they still have to pay.

Then later when the DCK gets sick, the provider excludes that child AND still charges for care.

I don't know.

I understand that providers have contracts and parents (usually) know full well what they signed on to but I still think it's kind of a less than fair deal with the client always being the one getting the short end of it.

Just my two cents.
I agree. I kind of feel like if a daycare kid couldn't come with the same symptoms or illness, then why should we make an exception for our own children. I know in some people's homes, they are able to keep them separate, but I don't think that really matters honestly. The parent, the siblings, the home , Etc. all carry the germs of the sick child, so separation is kind of an illusion of safety. it's not much of a choice for the parent, in my opinion.