View Single Post
Cat Herder 06:07 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by 31YearsInBiz:
About the discount.. When I take on kids and I quote a price, I try not to raise their price when my rates increase. I "grandfather" them. I did raise her price by $10 one year and she questioned me because they were "loyal" to me. So their after school rate is $40 less than others and full-time is $70 less than others.

This is what I sent home:

"Hi XXX,

I hope you’re having a good day. I know that while yesterday I agreed to help with the kids’ school work, I honestly was a bit unprepared for the request and hadn’t had time to fully consider what was involved.

After reviewing the work sent and the requirements of adult help, internet access, etc., this really is not something I can offer at this time. This curriculum is really designed for a parent that is home with their kids and has the capacity to create a home-school environment. With the various age ranges in the kids here and my daily responsibilities, this simply isn’t feasible.

Please remember that my role in our relationship is that of a family daycare provider. I provide a safe, nurturing environment for your children while you work. I am not a school teacher, and I have the responsibility of looking after and providing this environment for all of the kids in my care.

I’ve spoken to other daycare providers and centers including (DC center she has her kids on a list to go) today, and my policies are in line with theirs regarding schoolwork.

I’m sorry if this causes you any undue stress given the circumstances we face today. I do have to think of myself and my health and well being as well as that of the kids I provide daycare for.

That all said, if there is any work XXX and XXX can work independently on, I can schedule time for that. I’m happy to review the work but this is all I can offer."

And this is a text she sent me this morning along with a note about their school work:

"Morning. I think if the kids do their packets 1/2 am and 1/2 afternoon that would work. Could you please have it the same time every day so it's routine and they have a schedule for school work."

Sigh.
Unbelievable. What a bully.

I'd text back "No."

Let her find a loophole in that.