View Single Post
aer523235 06:02 PM 01-14-2011
My daughter goes to an in-home daycare, and the woman who runs it has a son her age. My daughter got sick one day when she was at the daycare (vomit and diarrhea - no fever) and I came to pick her up. (Keep in mind my daughter doesn't bring viruses to the daycare ever. If she's sick, I keep her home and take a sick day until she is better.) So, that same day, 2 or 3 hours later 2 other girls had to leave because of a high temp and ended up being sick as well. Her son ended up with a fever, vomiting and diarrhea then had to go to the ER to push fluids in him. She sent me a picture and said, "I dont know how I feel about this... your daughters last day is at the end of this week and if I want to leave earlier then to let her know and she will pack her things...Giving me less than one weeks notice through a text. I had already paid her for that week (which hadnt started yet, since this was on a Sat), so I told her since she's blaming my daughter for her sons illness, I wont be returning and I will cancel the check for the week that hadn't started yet. The contract I signed says that if a parent/guardian wants to remove the child from her daycare they must give 2 weeks written notice and those two weeks are to be paid in full. But I told her she terminated my daughter for a ridiculous reason, blamed my daughter for having IV's in her son, I wasn't GIVEN two weeks to write a letter notifying her that we wont be returning and therefore her contract is VOID. Does anyone know if I have to pay her? She said if I pay her the full amount for one week, plus the charges for a cancelled check she wont take me to court. If I don't pay on time the charges will go up to the full 2 weeks pay plus the $15.00 cancelled payment fee and we will go to court. Can someone please help me? She terminated me, and I didn't choose to pull my daughter from there, I just chose to leave earlier then her termination date. Someone please HELP! Thanks!!!