View Single Post
Blackcat31 01:27 PM 01-21-2021
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
Do you guys ever have weird drop-off situations? I have a dcm who struggles with drop off. First, she often isn't allowed to open the door. The 3 yo must or there's a meltdown. Next, there's usually some sassing at dcm. When I try to greet them (3 and 5) the 3yo gives me the stink eye and the 5 yo remains mute and hides in a corner. Sometimes the 3 yo joins her in the corner and they block the door purposely so dcm can't get out. Then dcm tries to leave and the 5 yo gives her an embarrassing amount of pda loud smacking kisses on her face. Seriously like a solid awkward minute or 2 of the 5 yo loudly aggressively kissing dcm. Usually the 5 year old tries to knock the dcm over shoving her body into her. Dcm scolds but it happens pretty much every day anyway. The 3 yo is yelling and complaining for attention the entire time this interaction is happening. Dcm finally slips out the door and both kids yell and smooth up on the door with their byes. Sometimes, 5yo tries to open the door to follow to keep saying bye and get more kisses. It's insane! I dread drop off every single day! I don't think dcm minds all of this drama but it makes me sooo uncomfortable. I have started avoiding going within sight for half of it because I just stupidly stand there. This has been going on for 4 years since dcg 5 first started but is progressively getting worse. I'm afraid to try to stop it since dcm doesn't seem to care and it's been going on like ritual for so long. Am I the only one with this problem?
Children are NEVER allowed to touch the door. Adults only.

ALL parents know this and follow the rule.

As for behavior.... kids that behave well at drop off get to participate in a fun activity while those that don't behave well get to do something boring.

Makes drop off so much easier.
(because we can't control the parents but we can control the kids )