View Single Post
Mike 10:26 AM 02-24-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Really? Wow...you're lucky!

You only pay a car payment depending on the days you actually drive?! You don't owe if you are sick in bed?! I have to pay the same monthly amount regardless!

You get a refund on your cable bill if you don't watch TV one night?! I have to pay a set monthly fee!

You only pay your gym by the hour? Around here, folks pay a monthly fee whether they use the gym or not!

You get a reduction in your internet fees if you don't log on one day?! Wow...around here, it's a set fee regardless of how much you use it!

You are very lucky to only have to pay for what you actually use at any given time!

Daycares charge a flat monthly fee just like MANY other business's.

I am glad that I have wonderful daycare parents who actually appreciate the care I give their little ones and GLADLY give me a few days off with pay so I can relax and do my job better after a break. If I wasn't paid, I couldn't afford to take any time off and would be tending children while burnt out and tired.

I feel sorry for your provider. You obviously don't appreciate her enough to give her anything but the minimum amount of money.

I find parents like you are the ones who buy the best car they can afford, the best home they can afford, the best TV, the best smart phone, the best clothes...they take paid vacations......and then look for the cheapest daycare they can possibly find.

I guess it all comes down to priorities.
I love this reply.

I have 2 vehicles. One has been parked for 3 months because it needs too much work right now. I've been paying insurance for both of them, until yesterday. I finally called to cancel the insurance on the dead one. I told them it's been parked for 3 months. They never offered to refund me. I guess I should call back.

The joys of rehashing old threads.