View Single Post
Snowmom 07:08 AM 11-06-2017
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
So my baby just started daycare and the provider said in interview that she doesn't take a lot of time off but I just got the papers and there's 12 holidays (didn't think Black Friday was a holiday but it is at daycare) and 3 weeks vacation and 7 personal days and 7 sick days ... is this normal??
As mentioned above, everyone is different. It is a little strange you didn't get (or read) the paperwork before starting your child at the daycare.

Personally, I take 2 paid days off at Thanksgiving- yes, one is technically "black friday". I really don't care what it's nicknamed, I'm just not re-opening on a Friday after a holiday. It's especially pointless when more than half the crew is gone or traveling anyway.

I personally take 12 paid holidays and 2 weeks annual vacation time (my vacations are unpaid, but rolled into tuition costs) and roughly 5-10 personal days throughout the year. I rarely take sick days, but sometimes a day or two a year is necessary if it's the flu or something I can't work through.