View Single Post
Miss A 08:57 AM 12-13-2017
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Two is where you start to notice which kids catch on quickly and which are slower to master but NONE are really out of range at that age.

My own son didn't say anything understandable until close to 3 and then he exploded and never stopped talking.

What bothers me is parents that reply to their children in ways that aren't acceptable. I have a DCK (Age 3.5) that says "Me have that at home" or "Me don't like blueberries"
and mom will reply "Me likes them" and NEVER corrects.

That drives me crazy.

As for potty training, this is when you say "Well mom you let me know when he makes it a FULL two weeks staying dry and we'll discuss finishing up with the process at daycare."

Until he reaches the point of being dry for 2 full weeks WITHOUT a timer or parent prompts I'd stay out of it.

That's usually my plan and 95% of the time it works well and I am not drug into any negative issues that I really don't want to be part of.
I was planning on doing that, BC! I am not an active participant in early potty training, aside from having toddlers pull their pants up and down at diaper changes. I know he isn't ready yet, I will not participate in pushing him I to something he isn't ready for. Why is there such a push for early potty training?!? It goes so much quicker and smoother when the child initiates it when they are developmentally ready!