View Single Post
HappyEverAfter 08:39 PM 01-02-2018
My teacher policy is that they can drop to part time, coming just 2 set days per week for a period of 8 consecutive weeks during the summer at half my regular weekly tuition rate. If they do this option, they are charged the full weekly tuition rate the rest of the year and not allowed any other weeks off for vacation. This allows me to have some level of income and allows them some time off with their kids over summer break. I feel it’s a fair compromise.

If they opt to leave completely for the summer and do not wish to pay the weekly part time tuition then they forfeit their spot and I make zero promises about there being a spot available for them to return to at the end of summer.

They can also opt to continue paying the full regular weekly tuition rate and bring their child at their leisure anytime during normal daycare hours over the summer.

50% of my daycare kids are from teachers and I come from a teacher family (I’m the only non teacher out of 5 people) so I fully understand teachers wanting childcare that accommodates their school calendar, however, I am running a business and they need to understand that I need to make decisions in the best interest of my business.