View Single Post
CountryRoads 10:34 AM 10-23-2020
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
Ive been dealing with this thought myself. Ive decided that if I have to close due to a DCK having covid, then i still charge. If I am sick with covid, I wont charge. Just like in my contract, I dont charge If i have to close due to my own illness or vacation. Its not my fault a daycare child gets sick and interrupts my business. If the parents still want a spot in my daycare, they need to pay for it. Its also not like we have a choice to stay open Or not. The government says we have to close if a child or the provider gets covid. So its outbof our control and I think parents should understand.
Did you send out a letter? I was thinking the same thing that I get it, I won't charge, but if a dck gets it, then I will. I'm worried my policy is going to come back to bite me. It says that anytime daycare is unavailable I don't charge.

I feel I would need to send out a separate letter requiring a signature that if I'm forced to close daycare (i.e. not my choice) then payment is still required to keep your spot. Maybe I could just send out a letter like that if it ever comes down to me having to close? Explaining that it is not my fault I'm closed, so payment is still required.