Thread: Charging
View Single Post
Chickenhauler 07:23 AM 01-26-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I don't hold spots, if they want it they pay for it as soon as its requested or they can wait till they need it and hope that the spot hasnt been filled. I dont think its fair to take 1/2 rate fees to hold a spot nor do i give sibling discounts, you give each child the same kind of care so why get paid for less for one or more? You run a business not a charity and if the parents cant afford daycare for all their kids they shouldnt have more..
KiddieCare
On the flip side, if you can get half pay for doing nothing, take what you can.

Stop and think about it in this scenario.....half rate for two kids would be equal to that of the rate for one kid, and when they return it will be three kids revenue. For three months, you would get paid the rate of one child while having to do NOTHING, then upon return, you would have the revenue from three kids in care. You would have to balance it out and assess the feasibility of whether or not in that time period, could you fill those three slots realistically? Especially in today's jobless environment?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find another line of work where you get that kind of deal (outside of gov't that is).