View Single Post
momma2girls 05:05 AM 03-31-2010
Originally Posted by mac60:
Just wondering how many are closed on Good Friday. I am working. When I started my business over 10 years ago, I was closed, then I had moms from the medical group and hospital who had to work on Good Friday, so I took it off as a paid holiday. But, for the past 2 years, I have only had one or two here, so not really worth it in my opinion. I may be changing that.

What makes me mad is, parents who have it off, work at the school, are bringing their kids anyways. They are closing on a house and in her words "Have all these meetings and papers to sign". OMG, learn how to deal with your children. And what I don't get, when we closed on our house, the bank/realtor took care of everything and we didn't "Have all these meetings" to do. Yea, I know you sign papers and all, but she made it sound like they have several different meeting to go to. Some people will do anything to not be with their kids. Funny thing, school has been closed all week on Spring break....and these 2 kids have been here everyday.
Yes, this has also made me very mad in the past as well!!! My husband has always had it off, so 2 yrs. ago, I added this Holiday as well.
Between Jan. 1st and Memorial Day I never take a day off, so I figure in 5 months with no time off it's deserved.