View Single Post
Michael 08:51 PM 10-02-2014
Originally Posted by e.j.:
As far as the level of sanitation in this country is concerned, I'm thinking we may be far ahead of other places in the world but....employees still show up at work when they're sick, parents still drop off their kids at day care and schools when they're sick. Often, when I visit the ladies' room anywhere, I see people using the facilities and walking out without washing their hands - some going back to the kitchen to prepare food. I've seen pee and feces on toilet seats and on the floor of the stall. In the news today, there was an unrelated story about parents who changed their baby's diaper on the top of a restaurant table. I'm sure someone came along and sat down at that same table, never giving any thought to the germs or bodily fluids left on that table top. There are so many opportunities for this disease to spread that it's very scary to me.
No one has said yet that washing hands kills the virus. How long is it active once on a door handle? Will a hand sanitizer work? I doubt it. One good thing is that daycare providers use a bleach solution to sanitize. I bet that works.

As far as cleanliness; I was at the LAX airport men's bathroom a few weeks ago. Out of the four men in there, I was the only one to wash my hands before leaving.