View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:56 AM 03-26-2015
Originally Posted by Laura5287:
This has been going on for some time now. I have lost all control over this situation. I have been posting over several weeks (maybe months) now about biting, pushing, scratching. At the time, the 2 1/2 year old was biting, scratching, kicking the other child. I felt horrible in having to tell the child's parents that this was happening on a daily basis. The 2 1/2 year old was very quick and even if I was in the room it would still happen. So, I shadowed like people on here suggested and gave lots of choices. Now the child is 3 and the other just turned 5. Everything that I have done has worked and it was much calmer until now the 5 year old is pushing the other child. I have been working on them using their words and I have now had to talk to the 5 years old parents because he is pushing so much and for no reason. (This is the same parents that are giving me the silent treatment). They did not like the fact that I was now having to talk to their child about being aggressive. The shoe is now on the other foot. I have given him warnings and set him in time out. He told me today that his mom told him to push back when the other child hits, kicks or bites. BUT, that is not happening. He will push the other child for no reason. He also told his mom that the other child says bad words to him which is not the truth because I do not put up with that. He is starting to lie. I am not sure how to handle this since it seems like things just keep happening over and over. Any suggestions????
Oooh, I agree with Sharlan... I won't keep kids that lie about that type of thing.

As for the pushing and mom telling kid to push back....

Id be calling that mom the second her child pushed and have her pick up. Then I'd tell her EVERY.SINGLE.TIME her child pushes another child, the parents will be called for immediate pick up since that is the advice they have given their child verses trusting you to give him to tools and made changes (as you clearly did) to solve the issue.

ANY parent that tells their child to be aggressive on purpose is setting their child up for failure and will drag you down with them.

I am thinking it's time to let this family go. They are no longer worth the income you are receiving from them.

The silent treatment and added aggression is too high of a price to pay.