View Single Post
Josiegirl 02:54 AM 03-17-2016
That word has always put fear and intimidation into my heart. Like I should be doing this wonderful awe-inspiring program where children learn how to read and write by 3, all their colors/numbers/shapes by 12 months.....you know.

But a workshop once told us curriculum includes every thing we do with the kids every day, even the normal tasks of care-giving.

How would you describe your curriculum? I understand those who do MGT and certain ones like that. I did MGT and we all enjoyed it but do not want to put the $$ into that again. Nor do I want to create my own 12 month rigid schedule. So, because I'm older and lazy now how do you set up your day in regards to having the child play, have fun, learn, etc.? What does your routine or schedule look like? And do you have one posted somewhere on the wall or bulletin board so dcps can see it too? If so, do you have it broken down into half hour increments? I've always been flexible, letting the children take the lead as to what our schedule looks like, for the most part. Scheduled times include naptime, mealtime, and outdoor time, that's pretty much it.

Thanks so much!