View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 12-15-2017
Originally Posted by adnilwis:
She won't participate non verbally either at circle time. Or at least very rarely does. But she is the same as the child you have. Mom will come and she will say every child's name etc and words I didn't even know she knew how to say. She is not hard of hearing because she hears the door open for someone coming in my house and runs right there and says hi before she even knows who it is. I have tried changing the way I ask her things and still nothing. Mom said she usually talks around other kids so she doesn't know why she won't here. I only have 5 to 6 kids at most when she's here. But even on a day it's just her ( just this week Tuesday it was just her along with my own kids) she still didn't talk. She will do some sign language but that's even a struggle most of the time. I've thought of selective mutism but she seems too young for a diagnosis of that yet. She is also one that just started when I ask her to do something too. Even though she sees the other kids doing what I asked her to do. She's such a puzzle to me!
Over the last week or so, I've come to suspect my DCK is on the spectrum. I have a DCM that is a special education teacher for Pre-K and said many of the signs and behaviors I've mentioned sound similar to what many of her students do/did when really young and that I shouldn't rule it out.

The more I observe this DCK, the more I am thinking DCM is correct.

Could that be a possibility for you daycare girl too?