View Single Post
Michelle 07:43 AM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by Checkinkids.com:
Yeah - that's way long. I thought most states have a limit, like 10hrs. You have to set your hours and stick to them...unless you have staff with shifts. But at any rate - that poor kid. I think people don't realize that even though the child should like daycare - it is still not "home" and staying there all day is hard.
In Calif. the max a child can stay in licensed daycare is 23 hours,

I do have 2 kids that stay long hours too, I have a single mom that works AND goes to school at night .She has no family support . They are here 14 hours a day(most days). I give them baths at night and take them everywhere...gymnastics, ballet, church. They love my house and get excited when mom comes but they love being here because I don't treat them like a dck . They are like extended family. We never talk about money or arrangements in front of them.
Dad is not in the picture at all , she is an awesome mom and they are VERY well behaved. I taught 4 year old to read , and 7 year old is in all advanced classes.

The alternative ??..tell mom "sorry but everybody says that these hours are not good for them, so you have to stay in your dead end job forever and not graduate from college, keep living in the projects,and stay poor...hey but your kids will be happy to see you more everyday!!"
This is just temporary and I know that doing this will better their lives, which is one of the reasons why I do daycare.