View Single Post
lovemykidstoo 11:56 AM 01-21-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
DCG is my first drop off since terminating a family. My hours of operation are now decreased from 6-6 to 7:30-5:30.

I am NOT going back to early mornings again, ever. 7:30 opening allows me to get my older kids up, fed, and on the bus and get my younger kids up, dressed and ready at a reasonable time.

Dcg is contracted (hours dcm wrote in herself) for 7:30-5:30. (10 hour MAX per contract) Last Friday she showed up at 7, and I had the door open to put dd & ds on the bus, so they came in. I said "Oh, you're here early!" and dcm apologized "Oh yeah, sorry I forgot to tell you I have to be at work a little early." I did tell her that she needs to let me know as my hours have changed because I no longer have to accomodate other dcf. Then ds's bus arrived and dcm left, nothing else was said about it.

Fast forward to today, dcm attempts to drop off at 7, AGAIN without ASKING. There was no school today, and I heard her pull in, and knock, but I didn't open the door until 7:25. I did sit here and watch the news and drink my coffee. Dcm was upset when I opened the door. "I was just going to call you to make sure you were open today! We have been waiting in the car for almost 30 minutes!" To which I responded....

"I open at 7:30, you are scheduled to be here at 7:30. Do you need to go into work early again?" dcm stood there with her mouth hanging open. THEN she says "But you are already up and ready because of your kids, I don't see the big deal!" Apparantly a 30minute early drop off 'isn't a big deal'.

I pulled our contract and showed her what she signed, and she said that it hadn't been a problem previously (I had allowed her to drop off a little early before because I had that other DCF and it wasn't a huge deal to me, but that was always SCHEDULED!) I even sent home a notice when my hours of operation changed, and another family moved back their drop off from 7 to 7:30. I told DCM that I would be willing to open early to accomodate her needs AS NEEDED,with notice,the previous day, for the fees set (for out of normal operational hours, and over my 10 hour max).
Dcm was SO MAD. She kept saying "But dcg will only play while your kids are getting on the bus!"

No dcm. Even if that were the case, NO.

I just got 'the text' saying her early hours are going to be posted and will be regular/1-2x a week and that if I can't 'work with her' she might have to find somewhere else for dcg to go.

I'm calling her bluff. I just said "Ok dcm, thanks for letting me know. Per our contract---termination stuff here..."
I don't understand you wanting to term her if this is what you said to her (the part in bold). If she is giving you notice and talked about working with you, that is what you asked of her. Why would you call her bluff. IMO she is doing what you asked of her.