View Single Post
melilley 06:35 AM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by apick:
Oh boy do I know exactly how you feel!!! My son is also 6 months old and I've been licensed for almost 3 months, still no kids. I have done many interviews and have been blown off by so many families it's sickening! I don't know how people can arrange daycare and then just not show up!! It's soooo rude!! I was supposed to have a kid start today, but I hadn't heard from his parents since last week when they said they picked me as their provider. I tried calling last night just to make sure it was a go. Never answered her phone or returned my calls. I don't know what the f$!k is wrong with people! I also had a family enroll their 2 kids and pay me upfront cause I was holding their spots only to e-mail me the next day to say they changed their mind. I also had a 5 year old her for one day. The next morning I woke up to an e-mail from his mom saying she was taking him to another daycare. Many other people say they're bringing their kid and then wait until they should be dropping them off before calling to say "oh never mind." The no-call, no-shows for interviews are just as annoying too. I literally make people call me until right before they're going to come over before I will give out my address cause I don't like the idea of a bunch of strangers knowing where I live! I love when you do an interview and you get the "oh we will let you know by this date" and then you never hear from them. I don't even want to think of how many kid packets I've given out to families that just blew me off! I try really hard not to take things personally but it's sooooo frustrating!! It's like people think that my time means nothing. I'm very luckily that my husband has also been very supportive of me! I also got a writing job I can do from home that I applied for way back in August, so at least I started making money...finally!! It's taking most of our financial pressure off, but I'd rather be doing daycare! Ahh feels good to vent!!
I know, it does feel good to vent! I know how you feel. You get so excited about getting kids, then BAM, no kids! As far as the kid packets, I have made up folders, but I won't give them out until they actually enroll and sign the contract. I had one interview and just showed them the handbook. They actually called me back last night and want to start in March so we will see. It is hard not to take things personally! I have only had this one interview and several calls that didn't really lead to anything. A lot of part time calls, but it's difficult to take part time and I know I should take what I can, but all the paperwork for the state and food program that I would have to do wouldn't be worth it anyways. Well hopefully good things will happen soon and like others have said, we need to hang in there and it will happen and we can laugh at this one day.....hopefully.