View Single Post
renodeb 06:47 PM 02-10-2013
I love that letter that chatter box shared. I guess with some parents you have to take a hard stance. I cant believe this mom is being this way over such silly things. If I had to replace all the lost little things that have gone missing through the last 7 years I would probably be broke! I think she is just trying to avoid paying.
Do you have a contract with this family? Do you have a section in your contract that includes legal fees and stuff? I would just file a claim in court and let them handle it. And amend your current contract to state that you are not responcible for loss or missing articles of clothing such as socks, or things like toy cars and that once those things enter your house you can not guarantee there condition. Maybe even state that things like toys, wipes, and diaper creme become community property.
I have to say that, thats a long day for any kid. Hopefully you can replace that family with one that will be good to you.
I actually have a parent that made such a big deal over me returning two bottles to her that after I looked and looked for them and just credited the price of two baby bottles back to her. Ofcourse a week later I found one of the bottles but she never offered to give me the money for it. Usually things like that just become part of my stock.
Deb