Thread: Social Life
View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 08:24 AM 02-04-2013
When I started FCC I immediately started taking classes and looked for a local Resource & Referral agency. The R&R agency had a free training program specifically for family child care providers so I joined that so that I could meet other DC providers. Meeting other ladies there that were in the same business as I was in really helped me. Some lived in my immediate area and we exchanged info and plan park days a few times a month. This interaction with humans that are over 4 ft tall really helps .

I also joined my local child care association and got really involved. I started off volunteering to help out when I could and got to meet even more people that do daycare. It's great to have people to call and chat with when I have an issue.

If there are any groups in your area like these you could try that. It can benefit you both business-wise (training/education) and socially (support system).

And like Willow says, having your own hobbies helps also. Set time aside to spend on yourself. I personally love photography and collect miniature dollhouses and accessories. I make time to take my kids out to the park or to other places and take my camera with me. I also take time to work on my dollhouses (I have 2 right now that I'm working on building). My DH and I take time to do adult only dinners with friends and that helps out a lot with the need to unwind.