Thread: Still Biting
View Single Post
Heidi 10:38 AM 07-30-2013
Originally Posted by coolconfidentme:
I think she said money.
Not trying to be mean, no dollar amount is worth having your child being bitten. Sorry, If my child was the target, I would be shopping for a save haven for my child. It's a personal choice though. Choose, but choose wisely...
No, I get that. I know you wouldn't be mean, anyway.

The thing is, the "bite's" family could term (although it sounds like OP is communicating well). But, what if they get to the next daycare, and there is a biter there? They give the biter a little time, and in the meantime, bitee get's nailed 3 or times. So, they move kiddo again. Taking your child out of a daycare where they get bitten a few times is not necessarily going to solve the problem, although I get why someone would want to.

I just got a call from a lady who was leaving her daycare because her 2 year old was getting hit by another child. Maybe there was a lack of supervision, maybe not. I have no idea. I did tell her that it is a common problem with 2 year olds. If she's changing daycares (for the 3rd time in 2 years, from the sounds of it), she's not always solving the problem.

At some point, we as providers need the tools to deal with these situations. We can't term every misbehaved child that we get. Some, we have to try to deal with. To me, it's part of our job. When I worked in a bank, I had to deal with crabby customers. Sometimes people were completely unreasonable, but I couldn't say "piss off"...lol. I thought it sometimes, though.