View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:11 AM 12-01-2010
It all depends on you. I LOVE infants!! Here in CA we can have 3 infants and 2 toddlers as long as we have 1 SA (which I do, 1 being my own infant and 5 yo DD that is in Kinder) but if I could I would do nothing but infants. I think they're so much fun. Some don't like them so much and avoid them like the plague lol. It doesn't seem too bad by looking at the ages that you'll have since they aren't all super young.

The 2-3 yo can do simple activities and play on their own alot or at least with little guidance, the 10 mo should at least be crawling and then walking soon after, the 5 mo should be sitting up on his/her own already and if not then soon so the only child that will need a lot of activity is your own newborn.

Just as a thought though, I know you want a baby carrier for your baby but you may want to be careful not to have the baby in it too much or you may just get him used to being carried all of the time, which can make it difficult for you. I have my own 3 week old and I get through the day with him by alternating him from a pack'n'play (when he's asleep), to a swing (when he's awake) to my arms or being held occasionally while we do activities (I hold him facing out so that he can look around and see what's going on around him). This works really well. When he gets to the point of needing tummy time I'll just section off a little area for him with his own mouthing toys. It's what I do with the DC infants and it works well.