View Single Post
Blackcat31 09:39 AM 08-14-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Maybe i am in the minority here but when i first started daycare i had parents texting all the time. It only took me about 6 months to figure out that this was NOT what i wanted. So, I changed my cell phone number, and told the parents if they needed to reach me they could CALL and talk to me, you would be amazed at the amount of things parents will ask over text that they will not call you and ask you over the phone. And the TIMES that they suddenly feel are appropriate times to call. When parents call me now and it is after 7 or so, they start out with an apology vs parents that would text at 11pm asking for 6am drop offs.

Life has become so much more simple. I would suggest this to anyone. Especially if you are a provider that does not go anywhere with the children.
I can see how that would work easily for some people. I however, prefer to be direct and simply tell my daycare parents that they can not text/call me after a certain time as I find that rude and disrespectful and if I had a parent who disregarded or refused to follow the rule, I'd term.

In this business, I respect my clients and their right to privacy and family time. I expect the same in return.