View Single Post
Unregistered 06:19 PM 01-11-2009
I'd be pretty unhappy as a parent if I were bringing my child to a daycare that knowingly kept sick kids. Pink eye? Really? How do you isolate a sick baby all day long while still giving them the attention they need? You must be isolating if none of the other kids can touch the sick child's bin of toys. I hope you meant that you isolate until the parent can pick up the child within the hour that you call them to let them know the child is sick. In this State, it is illegal for a provider to keep a sick child with something as serious as pink eye until the antibiotic period has passed. And if inspected by the State DHHS people when kids are sick and in care, a license can be suspended.

Originally Posted by Unregistered:
------------------------------------------------------------------

We have 8 kids in care (rarely less), age vary, but now we have 11 mo., 11 mo., 2 yr., 2yr., 4 yr., 4 yr., 5 yr., 6 yr. and a 10 mo. at night. each infant has their own bin of toys and never touches the other toys (normally, babies suck on toys that other babies have sucked on, but not at our place).

We do the following for sick kids:

First, sick or not, every child washes hands immediately at drop off.

For sick kids they don't touch anything!
we turn water on/off
get things for them

we give them a basket/box of many items for them to play with (just for them) and then when well, we clean them. We let them choose things they like and no touching the rest of the toys.. They sit farther away from the other kids. We go behind and disinfect. Works very well, and we have kids with pink eye, viruses, etc... We let babies/kids sleep as much as they want and one of us tends to the sick one, seperately.