View Single Post
SunshineMama 11:11 AM 04-30-2012
It is SOOO much easier to drop off your kids and go to work. I have done both and daycare is H.A.R.D!! But my kids need me so I feel that the sacrafice is worth it. Do I make a ton less doing daycare?!? Yup! Do I work longer hours and get less appreciation? Yup! But my littles need me, and you know what, my daycare kids need me too! The parents don't know how they lucky they are when they find a good provider. Where else can you get healthy organic/natural meals, a preschool curriculum run by someone with a Master's in education, and someone who hugs and loves your child... for $3.33 per hour (before taxes).

Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
I am thankful to be providing daycare and having fun while I work....but I am very glad my kids do not have to be in daycare.

Am I a minority??? It seems as though it comes so easy for most parents to drop off their kids (most of the time earlier than they need to be dropped off) and never ask questions at pick up such as how were they today or what did they do? It just comes SOOO easy for them and I don't get it.

I have had a couple jobs outside of the home in the past several years and each time it was so difficult on me...worried about my kids even though I was sure they were in good hands and worried if they behaved themselves, if they were being fed enough, if they were able to rest when they needed to rest, go to the bathroom when they needed to go, and the list goes on.

I run a small size home daycare and have only had a handful of parents over the past few years, and most of them don't seem to care if their child was good or even ask questions about their day...as if they don't care I guess???? It's nice they put that much trust in me, I know I do a good job with the kids, but most of the time I feel sad that they don't seem to care what their kids did or that I went out of my way to make them happy while they had to be away at work...or on the other spectrum if their kids were behaved and respectful. Some parents know their child is a handful and don't bother asking how they were today....I know I would!

I feel underappreciated sometimes and just so glad my kids can be with me and I don't have to worry.