View Single Post
DCMom 11:44 AM 07-27-2010
I guess we have always approached the daycare as 'my job' the one that afforded me to stay home with our kids. He traveled a lot for his job when then they were young, so we figured that one full time parent at home was for the best even if I wasn't strictly a sahm. I only had 3 kids plus my own so it wasn't so bad.

Then the daycare grew and he got a different job where he was home each day at 4pm and he felt differently...

That's when basement got finished complete with a kitchen and bath and the daycare moved down there; two years ago we put in a separate entrance to the walkout door () It is now truly a business, my job, separate from our home and very profitible. Now he likes it again, lol.

At times it has caused some strain, but then we stopped and looked at what we could do to make it better. The pros of the business have always outweighed the cons of it~21 years later I am still doing it and he even helps when I need it. I truly love the job, I think he sees that and overlooks a lot.