View Single Post
daycare 12:30 PM 08-11-2016
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
True, but the kids were 100% supervised. They were all accounted for in her presence. In fact, two adults. A fantastic adult to child ratio.

To boot, the door to the outside was locked. My laundry room was locked and they considered it off limits and not accessible to children in California.

In this scenario, how is the criteria not met? Do the regs say she has to be standing next to the children with the water? What if the licensor showed up and had taken everyone in so she could take someone potty? What if she's alone and answering the door for licensing?

IMHO, either no wading pools or apply some common sense to rule enforcement. In her shoes, I would appeal.
the water can NOT be left unsupervised.....I understand that the kids were supervised, but the water must be supervised as well.

water can not be left standing open at anytime without it being 100% supervised or made not accessible to the children.

I think you did the right thing,I don't think that the provider was doing any thing wrong, but licensing says she is. it can take seconds for a kid to slip away from under our supervision and get out into that water..... so they make it the water that has to be 100% supervised as well.