View Single Post
Cat Herder 09:39 AM 06-11-2018
Originally Posted by racemom:
My understanding was during drop off or pick up she asked to see the daycare space and was told she needed to text 15 minutes ahead of time. Maybe I see thing differently then home providers, but why need 15 minutes heads up when the parent is standing right there. Why couldnt she go downstairs, quick look around and leave. Some of the comments are I can't leave the kids but she already had to come upstairs. If ahe thought the parent wanted to stay, she should have told her they needed a quick drop off, but she could have done it downstairs.

I still feel like the provider was hiding something and would not leave my child somewhere I was not allowed to come into.
To me the OP was discussing future random mid day visits, not that actual moment during that particular drop off. That did not sound rational. It is possible I was wrong. The fact that she also said "if I visited at lunch" implied she was more likely discussing future visits.

When offered a separate room to breastfeed in, she did not want it. She wanted to sit and breastfeed in the playroom with other kids and the providers present. To observe the providers and other children's interactions.

"The provider always meets me at the door and doesn’t invite me down to the basement. I asked to go down and she said to text her ahead of time and that I could only go there for a few minutes. She also told me if I visited at lunch, I could not nurse my baby down in the basement but would have to stay upstairs."

She was told she could come down but could not linger. She did not like that so filed a complaint without discussing her concerns with the provider. Now she wants to take it back because once she discussed it with her provider she realized the reason for the heads up request was valid.